MBSR is an 8-week evidence-based, experiential program designed to provide participants with intensive and systematic training in mindfulness and mindful movement practices, and integrating into one’s daily life what is discovered and learned through the process of participating in the program. It integrates practices and group exercises to promote resilience, emotional and attentional regulation and self-awareness, well-being and physical health.
Mindfulness Based-Stress Reduction (MBSR) is based on ancient contemplative practices integrated with western medical approaches by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979. MBSR is an 8-week program of systematic training in mindfulness employing both formal and informal practices. The experiential program harnesses inner resources and cultivates resilience.
MBSR has been researched over 40 years and consistently delivers positive outcomes associated with increased self-awareness and emotional and attentional regulation. In addition, outcomes have included reductions in symptoms for various physical and behavioral health conditions such as anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain, and hypertension.
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges of your everyday life. Our certified instructor will create a safe and supportive environment for this process and learning to take place through:
- Systematic instruction in formal and informal MBSR meditation practices, including guided instruction and recordings to practice with at home
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue, with discussions offered to enhance awareness in everyday life
- The opportunity for one-on-one check-ins with instructors throughout the course
- Material to support your pratice including mp3 audios with practices & weekly written material
Class sizes are limited to facilitate group dialogue and integration process.
MBSR program consists of:
- Orientation (1 ½ hrs, required for enrollment), scheduled for one or two weeks before your class
- Eight weekly classes, 2 ½ hrs each (31 hours of direct instruction)
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
- You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, we encourage you to make up the class by attending a different class that same week
- In order to receive a completion letter for the course, you may not miss more than two classes, and you must attend the All Day session. If you cannot attend the All Day session during your course, you may make it up at a later time and receive completion status.
Dates & Times
Orientation Session - 15 September (Friday)
Session 1 - 18 September
Session 2 - 25 September
Session 3 - 2 October
Session 4 - 16 October
Sesison 5 - 23 October
Session 6 - 30 October
Session 7 - 06 November
All Day - 11 November (Saturday)
Session 8 - 20 November
Sessions will take place on Mondays except the Orientation Session and All day, from 10.30am - 1.00pm
300 euros for Private Individuals
369 euros (VAT 23%) for Companies
To Register Please follow the box below:
Rua Álvares Cabral, 50
Carla Martins, Ph.D - Psychologist with expertise in Clinical and Health Psychology, Transpersonal Psychology and Mindfulness Therapeutic Interventions, Clinical Neuropsychologist and Certified Mindfulness Teacher (MBSR) for adults by the Mindfulness Center of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA, guiding MBSR programs since 2007 and with experience in guiding Online MBSR programs since 2012. Certified Teacher of MBCT for the clinical population and MBCT for Life for the general population by the Oxford Mindfulness Center, University of Oxford. Mindfulness Teacher for adolescents and children since 2013 by Mindful Schools & Still Quiet Place (USA), Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP) Teacher. Supervisor for Teachers of Mindfulness Based Programs (MBSR/MBCT) with training from Mindfulness Network, UK. Author of the book Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Older Adults: Evidence for Practice
www.serintegral.pt | firstname.lastname@example.org