CANCELLED AND POSTPONED TO 2021 - NEW DATES SOON
Ser Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness with the support and collaboration of the Center for Mindfulness of the University of Oxford will organize the Foundational Training Module 4 in MBCT, between the 13 - 18 October in a 5 day intensive format training that will include:
Module 4 involves further teaching on the theory underpinning MBCT, and it’s adaptations; and learning to teach all the MBCT course elements to small groups with more advanced teach-backs and; beginning to understand the structure and developmental progression of MBCT over 8 weeks and beyond. Learning is informed by greater embodiment developed in Module 3.
Module 4 is the last component of Foundational Training to Teach MBCT in the block format.
Completion of Modules 1, 2 and 3 is required in advance of attending Module 4. In order to fully benefit from the Module 4, participants ideally will have completed all Foundational Masterclasses prior to attendance.
Teachers in Training on the OMC Foundational Teacher Training Pathway
More information here
Who am I?
I work for the OMC teaching and researching Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) and training others to teach these approaches. My professional background is Clinical Psychology: I have a clinical doctorate (DClinPsych) in Clinical Psychology as well as a research doctorate (PhD) in perinatal psychology.
What do I do?
I am the director of the foundational training of our MBCT teacher-training pathway. This involves selecting applicants who will train to teach at the OMC and supporting them through this journey by offering mentoring and training in how to teach MBCT and MBCP.
Why I love working at the OMC?
I feel privileged to work for the OMC, working, learning and collaborating with others with rich and varied backgrounds, skills and experiences; including the participants of the groups I teach, MBCT/MBCP trainee teachers, teachers, trainers and researchers, both nationally and internationally; sharing my passion for this work and commitment to exploring the scientific mental and physical health benefits of mindfulness.
Find out more about the work of the internationally renowned Oxford Mindfulness Centre here
Marion Furr is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist and Mindfulness Teacher who trained to teach Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs at Bangor University and Oxford University. Since 2011, as Chair of the staff Health & Wellbeing at the Department of Health in London, she has personally introduced Mindfulness to more than 3,000 colleagues in the UK Civil Service. In 2016 Marion moved to Portugal where she continues her role as amember of the Board of Trusteesat the Oxford Mindfulness Centre and as a member of the steering group of the Mindfulness Initiative- a project that aims to raise awareness about how mindfulness can benefit society. Marion guides Mindfulness programs at individual and group level in her home in the Algarve. She is also an executive coach using psychometric and mindfulness approaches for individuals, groups, and organizational development . Marion is on the UK register of Mindfulness based teachersand is governed by, and meets the standards set by theBritish Psychological Societyand theHealth and Care Professions Council.
The training will be taught in English with no simultaneous translation into Portuguese.
Casa da Torre, Soutelo, Vila Verde, Braga, Portugal (info here)
The accommodation at Casa da Torre is in individual and double rooms with private bathroom. The rooms are not luxurious, but rather very simple with all the comfort for you to have a pleasant and peaceful stay during the retreat. The Center has several gardens in the exterior that you can use during the entire duration of the retreat. It also has a beautiful terrace with an amazing view over an extensive natural area.
* Casa da Torre is a Jesuit Monastery and the choice of this type of retreat center is not because of the religious thematic of the place, which is not essential for a mindfulness retreat but rather because it meets several criteria that we find important for a retreat: silence, simplicity, high number of single rooms with private bathrooms available and great quality of the meals (variables that are requested for many of the people that are interested in our services)
Meals are vegetarian and they will include: complete breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you need any special adaptation in terms of meals please let us know.
1. Teaching: 1100 euros + VAT (23%) = 1353 euros
2. Accomodation & Meals: 227,50 euros*
*This value is paid directly to the retreat center on the first day of the training
The limit date for registration is the 1st August 2020. After this date we won’t accept any further registrations.
The number of places is limited to 24 participants, so we advise your registration as soon as possible.
To register in the retreat:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Tthe name and date of the event you want to register
- Complete the application form that you can find here
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of the documents confirming your professional training and personal development in the area of mindfulness (i.e., letter of participation in a MBCT or MBSR program) and all the certificates of attendance of MBCT Module 1 & 2, Module 3 and Masterclasses
- Payment of 50 euros for registration which should be completed using the following bank details
IBAN: PT50 0035 0158 00018441030 71
BIC SWIFT: CGDIPTPL
BANK: CAIXA GERAL DE DEPÓSITOS (CGD)
Please send us the document confirming your payment. This value is not reembursable if you are not accepted in the training and it is not dedutable from the full tuition if you are accepted in the training.
Your application form will be received and we will produce an email confirming the reception of you registration. Confirmation of you acceptance in the training will be sent to you as soon as possible (around mid July maximum). At this stage all the information will be sent regarding payment of the full tuition of the training.
- If you cancel your registration until the 1 July 2020 you will receive a full reimbursement of the retreat minus an administration fee of 50 euros. After this date we won’t make any reimbursements.
- If the event is canceled due to an unexpected reason, Ser Integral: Centro Português de Mindfulness, will provide a reimbursement of 100% of the value paid for the training, but we won’t be responsible for any other costs (i.e., travelling and accommodation) associated with your participation in the training.
All participants that complete ALL sessions of the program will receive a certificate of attendance from the Oxford Mindfulness Center. Participants are requestes to be present to all sessions since the beginning of the training until the last day. Please plan you travels to arrive on time to be present for the Opening Session on the first day and leave only after the end of the Closing session. This is compulsory.
- The MBCT training will occur with a minimum and maximum number of participants (limited places available). In the eventuality of the retreat not having the minimum registrations established Se Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will have to cancel the event.
- Please bring confortable clothing, a meditation cushion, yoga mat and blankets for your own comfort in the practice room. Also bring confortable walking shoes to use on the gardens/forest and you might also be interested in bringing a mosquito repellent.
- The program is subject to minor changes according to the needs met during the retreat.
- The room has bed sheets, towels, blankets, but you should bring all the toiletries that you usually need (e.g., shampoo, soap, etc)
- Individual rooms are limited and they will be offered on first registration basis. The cost of a private room per person is the same as a double room per person.
How to get here?
Please see the information on: http://casadatorre.org/arrive/arrive.html
The closest airport is PORTO (OPO). From here you can rent a car to drive to Vila Verde (use the GPS coordinates and address below), take a taxi to the Bus Station in Porto (http://www.renex.pt/, Address: Campo Mártires da Pátria, 37, Porto) to get a bus from Porto to Braga and from Braga please see the details below:
By Bus: Between 7am and 8.15pm you can find several buses that leave the Bus Central Station of Braga to Vila Verde, Arcos and Monção. You need to get out at the stop – Rio Homem, make a left and you will have Casa da Torre ahead (with a big gate).
By Taxi: From the Central Bus Station or Train Station of Braga to Casa da Torre you will pay around 12 euros.
By Car: GPS coordinates :41º36’.08”N 8º26’17.05”W or the address: Casa da Torre, Avenida Viscondes da Torre, nº 80 4730-570 Soutelo – Vila Verde.
By Shuttle: Ser Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will organize shuttles from the airport to the retreat center if a minimum number of participants from other countries registers in the retreat. There will be a fee for this service (to be determined).
At what time should I arrive? When will we finish?
Arrival is on the 13th of October between 11am and 12.30pm so that we can process your arrival and registration. You will then be assigned to your room and we will meet at the practice room at 2pm for an orientation session. In the last day of the retreat we will have lunch at the retreat center and after this we will all leave the retreat center.
Is there wireless and mobile phone connection?
Yes there is free wireless and mobile phone connection at the retreat center.
Is it possible to arrive earlier or stay after the retreat ends?
Yes, if you need more nights at the retreat center you have to contact Casa da Torre directly.
What do I need to bring?
It is advised to bring confortable clothing, a meditation cushion, a yoga mat and blankets for your comfort during the practices. The room has bed sheets, towels, blankets, but you should bring all the toiletries that you usually need (e.g., shampoo, soap, etc). Also bring confortable walking shoes to use on the gardens/forest and you might also be interested in bringing a mosquito repellent.
Our events are displayed on Eventslist.org